Space Air passes the ISO14001 Audit
We are delighted to announce that we have passed our ISO14001 audit with exceptional feedback. We will continue to improve our environmental procedures to become even more environmentally friendly.
ISO14001 is an International Standard for Environmental Management designed for all types of organisations. It audits the activities that we have in place to reduce our impact on the environment. These include the handling and treatment of waste, energy consumption and the use of natural resources.
Examples of what we do to reduce our environmental impact
Space Air participate’s in the following to help reduce it’s environmental foot print while working with Daikin Europe, who are committed to improving efficiency and reducing energy costs.
- Paper recycling program, which saved over 95 trees from destruction in 2012.
- Cardboard packaging in our warehouse is responsibly recycled and re-used where possible
- At least 80% of our printed literature uses recycled paper and is FSC certified.
- Many of our company vehicles are now hybrid or energy efficient which emit less pollution.
- Our headquarters uses low energy light bulbs, energy saving Mac computers, the latest in energy efficient Daikin VRVQ air conditioning unit and has recycling points for paper, plastics, batteries and metals.
- The Space Air delivery fleet has built in tracking systems, which increases efficiency of on-time deliveries and on average saves over 20% in fuel costs and CO2 emissions.
- We are registered under the Environment Agency Control of Pollution Act 1989 and ensure the responsible disposal / recycling of waste
- The Daikin product range is manufactured and sold throughout the world. Daikin industries have for the past 50 years (supported by Space Air since 1980) continually improved the energy efficiency of their products. Thus reducing their environmental impact.
If you would like further information on ISO 14001 please contact us on 01483 504 883.