Web Developer/Administrator. Full or Part-Time
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic web developer to help manage our company websites, web-based projects, and to implement new features and ideas as they arise.
As a member of our development team you'll be responsible for maintenance and ongoing development of existing solutions as well as new solutions.
Responsibilities include: day to day management of our main company websites, ongoing development of our expanding online customer area, assisting our FileMaker developers in any web-based areas of their projects, and occasionally supporting customers with issues in online ordering.
Development is entirely in-house, operating on LAMP stack.
Ideally suited to someone local to Guildford or within driving distance.
- UK resident
- Capable Mac OS X user
- Minimum of two years experience as a web developer
- Proficient in hand coding HTML and CSS
- Extensive knowledge in using AJAX/JQUERY and handling HTTP requests
- Extensive knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Proficiency in MVC-based programming
- Experience in PHP frameworks, especially Laravel, beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience using any or all FileMaker, PayPal, Barclaycard and Google Maps APIs is beneficial but not essential
- Proven web development experience with portfolio and verifiable references
- Work autonomously, as well as collaboratively with a team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently (often concurrently) and still meet deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm
28 days annual holiday (20 days) Contributory Pension scheme (GPPS), Death in Service, BUPA (after 12 months service.
Fully air conditioned offices. Free parking. Friendly atmosphere.